Monday, December 5, 2005

Documentation is Not a Dirty Word

Documentation seems overwhelming especially when you are chasing a busy complex special needs child. Just this morning I am printing out the summary that I create from the more detailed journal. It clearly shows the trial of a new medication not only didn’t help but worsened the problems. Two hours after taking the medication behaviors increased. It shows his changing behavior and similarities of when behaviors occurred so you catch triggers.

Billy Ray’s present psychiatrist and I work well together. It is not necessary for me to impress him that I know my son. However, when you are trying to get professionals in various fields to listen to you having this documentation system helps a great deal.

The documentation system I use is contained in Parenting Your Complex Child (AMACOM Books April 2006). When it comes out in April I will put the forms that I created to use for Billy Ray on my parenting website. As I make updates in my system or create new visuals they will be on the website for your use.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou Morgan
http://www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com/
http://www.lighthouseparents.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment