Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mom Is Not Allowed to Be Sick

Where is it written that when the kids get sick Mom (or Dad) will drop everything to take care of them. When Mom or Dad get sick parenting doesn't just stop. This is especially true with a complex special needs child. Schedules must be kept. There is no room for "I don't feel like doing that today."

If I have a migraine Billy Ray still wants to have his book read to him. It seems to me that his normal 20 questions become 40 questions with decreased gap in between questions during those times when I need questions.

To you my internet buddies I can just say sorry for the short post this morning while I fight my fall cold. Billy Ray will not accept that explanation so I'm off to answer all his questions and try to maintain his routine while I blow my nose a gadzillion times.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment